Energy Vision hosts and participates in a variety of events to raise awareness about sustainability and alternative energy resources. Please check this page often for info on past and upcoming events. We hope to see you at a future event!
Please check back soon for details on future Energy Vision events!
Oct 27, 2016
Energy Vision and the Southern California Gas Company (SoCalGas) co-hosted a Renewable Natural Gas (RNG) workshop at SCG’s Energy Resource Center in Downey, CA. The day-long workshop was attended by more than 150. To see the Agenda, Click Here. You can also access presentations from the workshop here.
Oct 13, 2016
Energy Vision hosted its 10th Anniversary Awards Reception from 6:30 – 9:00 p.m. at Ramscale Studio in New York City. The 2016 award winners included:
- Impact Bioenergy for the country’s first small-scale anaerobic digester
- AgEnergy USA and EDF Renewable Energy for the Heartland Biogas project
- St. Landry Parish Solid Waste and BioCNG, LLC for its landfill RNG vehicle fuel project
- The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency for its implementation of the Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS2)
Nov 5, 2015
Energy Vision hosted its annual awards reception in New York City. The 2015 award winners included:
- UPS and Clean Energy Fuels — Commercial Fleet Commitment to Renewable Natural Gas
- Newlight Technologies — AirCarbon Renewable Plastics: New Innovative Uses of Biogas
- MOVE Systems — The Mobile Food Solution of the Future
- American Organic Energy — Organic Waste to Low-Carbon Vehicle Fuel: A First for New York
For more on these innovative companies, see our Press Release.
September 23, 2015
Energy Vision and Louisiana Clean Fuels put on a Renewable Natural Gas (RNG) webinar in Shreveport, LA. The full webinar (audio and visual) on the emerging RNG transportation fuel strategy is now available here: The Power of Waste in Louisiana
May 20, 2015
The Power of Waste reception, hosted by Energy Vision and the Urban Future Lab, introduced the topic of organic waste collection and recycling in NYC and addressed the various options that exist to extract maximum value from this abundant, renewable resource.
Introductory thoughts were presented by Robert B. Catell, Chairman of the Advanced Energy Research & Technology Center at Stony Brook University, and Joanna D. Underwood, President of Energy Vision. Presentations were made by key New York players and a leader from Toronto’s successful food waste collection program. The panel discussion was followed by Q&A, drinks and networking with these pioneers in the field:
- Kathryn Garcia, Commissioner, New York City Department of Sanitation
- Don Chahbazpour, Director of Network Strategy, National Grid
- Charles Vigliotti, President/CEO, Long Island Compost
- Kevin Matthews, President, CCI BioEnergy
New York City has made great strides over the last 18 months in implementing residential and commercial organic waste collection programs. At this special reception, guests learned more about:
- How our organic wastes can be turned into “biogas” fuel
- Where composting fits into the picture
- What the best uses of biogas may be
- How this strategy can save money, help tackle climate change and bring cleaner air to New Yorkers
For event presentations and more, visit EV’s new and improved YouTube Channel!
November 18, 2014
Energy Vision celebrated its Eighth Year of finding sustainable energy solutions at our annual year-end holiday reception/benefit on November 18th in the West Village. At the event, the 2014 Energy Vision Leadership Awards were presented to three innovative companies — quasar energy group and Aria Energy/Clean Energy Renewable Fuels — making low-carbon renewable fuels a reality, and the NYC Department of Sanitation for its voluntary residential and mandatory commercial organics recycling programs. For more details on the event, here is the official Press Release.
More Past Events Coming Soon!